Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Rescuer

Oh how sweet the sound, Oh how grace abounds, We will praise the Lord!


Video: Rend Collective "Rescuer"

He's our rescuer He's our rescuer We are free from sin forever more
Oh how sweet the sound Oh how grace abounds We will praise the Lord our rescuer

There is good news for the captive Good news for the caged
There is good news for the one who walked away There is good news for the doubting
The one religion failed For the Good Lord has come to seek and save

He's our rescuer He's our rescuer We are free from sin forever more
Oh how sweet the sound Oh how grace abounds We will praise the Lord our rescuer

He is beauty for the blind man Riches for the poor
He is friendship for the one the world ignores
He is pasture for the weary Rest for those who strive
For the Good Lord is the way, the truth and life
Yes the Good Lord is the way, the truth and life

He's our rescuer He's our rescuer We are free from sin forever more Oh how sweet the sound Oh how grace abounds We will praise the Lord our rescuer

So come and be chainless Come and be fearless Come to the foot of Calvary
There is redemption For every affliction Here at the foot of Calvary
The Gospel Is My Rescue
Psalms 56:10-13 I praise God for what He has promised; Yes, I praise the LORD for what He has promised. 11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? 12 I will fulfill my vows to You, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for Your help. 13 For You have rescued me from death; You have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in Your presence, O God, in Your life-giving light.
What an amazing change of circumstances for the people that have become children of God! We have gone from absolutely nothing to children of the Most High King! The Gospel message is the greatest rescue story that had ever been told.

It is exciting to read the whole story from the beginning of trouble in Genesis to the ultimate hope that I have in the book of Revelation. There isn't any reason to get upset with the bad news that I see about how bad our world has become because this world is not the end of my story.
RELATED ARTICLES